Saturday, March 21, 2015

Life with Madison

Madison is already 3 weeks old, and we are really loving our time with her. I am especially savoring my maternity leave because I know it will be so hard to leave my sweet girl and go back to work. It will also be really hard to have to get up early for work instead of sleeping in and sleeping when baby sleeps!
Some interesting things about Madi so far:
1. She likes getting changed and always calms down when she is on the changing table. I think it's because we put a little space heater on the desk next to it so she doesn't get cold.
2. We think she looks like a little elf when you lift her up under her arms.
3. She loves staring at this black and white picture above our bed. She could be in the middle of a good cry and we lift her up to it and she stops crying and stares at it for a while.
4. She loves being upright in a sitting position or up on your shoulder.
5. Her favorite sleeping position is on her tummy on someone's chest.
6. She hates sponge baths, but she loves her baths in the baby tub.
7. Madi has a set of webbed toes on both feet. (I think she will be a swimmer)

 One of my students gave her this adorable owl hat!


 I snuck a bow on her head because Taylor wasn't home. :)





Mom and Jimmy were abLe to sneak away from the mission for a few days to visit us and it was sooo nice. It was nice to get out of the house and it was also nice to have the extra hands and help to do it! Taking Madi to the grocery store with mom and Jim made me think it would be impossible to do by myself! Between the crying and the blowouts, I have no idea how all my siblings go grocery shopping with 4 kids!! (Props to all of you!) I'm hoping I'll figure it out eventually.


1 comment: