If you're interested in some pictures and things from what I've been doing at school you can look at my website that I use for my students/parents.
www.sagecreek4th.weebly.com
There's also a bunch of links to flashcards and games in Chinese if you're interested in learning some! :) I'd be happy to have someone else in the family I can chat with in Chinese :)
Halloween was last week and I finally told all my students and their parents I'm expecting. I'm actually pretty impressed I could keep it under wraps for 24 weeks. I used my Halloween costume as clue and the talking point to bring it up! I was a kangaroo. On the Wednesday before Halloween I put a picture of a kangaroo on the overhead and told the students that this is going to be my costume. I teach Science, so I started pointing to the Science process skills posters I have above my board and said: what can we OBSERVE about this costume. Next, we moved to what INFERENCES can we make about why Mrs. Williams would choose to be a kangaroo for Halloween. After a few normal inferences: "It's your favorite animal" "You are energetic like a kangaroo" "The Kanga on the board is a girl and so are you..." someone said..."Is it because you have a baby too?" I pointed out that the kangaroo had a baby in a pouch in front and I have a baby in my tummy too!
The reactions were priceless. Such a variety of facial expressions I wish I had taken a picture.
I didn't at that moment, but here is one of my classes and me on Halloween.
Also, here are some pictures from 10 weeks ago. I know the exact number of weeks because I remember I was 15 weeks along when we took them and my dress was starting to get tight! Our wedding photographer, Joe Putnam, wanted some models to take pictures in the red rock in southern Utah. He knew I was okay with my dress getting dirty and Taylor and I thought it would be fun to have some more cool pictures in wedding attire so we went. Here are a few of the shots from that trip.







Sweet idea for a costume! That is too funny. I can't believe you were able to hide your baby belly for so long.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Pictures!!!! Beautiful Couple!!!! Love you guys!!!!!
ReplyDelete