I barely ever get to see friends, even the ones who are close by, so thank goodness I had an excuse to invite them all over to hang out. Taylor's family also was super supportive and all came. I'm grateful that they are close because my family is all too far to come. Obviously I wish I could've had both sides represented there, but I am thankful all of my in-laws are amazing.
We played the game where everyone has clothespins and you take one away if you catch someone saying "baby", a scrambled up baby word game, and they guessed how round I was around the belly with yarn. We had some yummy sandwiches and cute cupcakes, and I opened awesome presents. :)
Taylor and I came home after and finished setting up our baby furniture that we hadn't put together yet. We now have a crib, changing table, and dresser for baby. Also, we were gifted a free swing from Taylor's cousin who's baby grew out of it. Yay, I love checking items off the list. :) I almost put pictures of the how the baby's room is coming along, but I wanted to wait until I buy a crib mattress so it looks more legit. We have a few crib sheets and blankets, but I just need to get a mattress to put it all on.
Brooke and Erika both teach Chinese immersion at Sage Creek with me.
Brittany is from home and she and Deanna were both college roommates.
Heidi and I did two of our student teaching practices at the same school- we had a million classes together at BYU.
This is the "Diaper Baby" Tammy made. So CREATIVE!! The booties around the baby were made by her as well. They are little cups with mints inside.
This cake was made my Taylor's cousin Ashley. It's not just your average "diaper cake" because it had bottles holding the layers together, socks and booties around it, 3 cute outfits rolled up inside, a bunch of washcloths and recieving blankets, bibs, and the top layer is held together by cute headbands with little bows. (Which I was especially pleased with because we all know how Taylor feels about headbands and bows).
Here is me at 36 weeks! Less than one month until this baby girl is scheduled to arrive!! Thank you to everyone who is helping us get ready for her!
Yay! Exciting! I wish I could have been there :)
ReplyDelete