Last week Taylor and I went to a bunch of yard sales on Saturday morning. I had looked up all the sales and made a route and planned out which ones I wanted to go to first, because some of them advertised having baby stuff. I really was on a hunt for a stroller, but we didn't end up finding one at the yard sales. I ended up figuring out exactly which kind I wanted and then it magically appeared on KSL one day. :)
While we were driving around we saw this amazing little farm. The guy has ostriches, goats, donkeys, a yak, ducks, al pacas, etc. We couldn't believe all the animals! It made us think of Amy :)
Anyway, the very first yard sale had so much fabulous baby stuff! I got a playmat to put in my classroom for when baby comes to help me set up or visits during the year, a bouncer to take to grandma Williams' house because we often go for dinner, and a swing that was in awesome shape and much smaller and more compact than the one we had. (Better for a small apartment) We also found some great board books and cloth books for baby.
We also have had more time to read over the summer. We recently finished reading the entire Divergent series. Taylor said he didn't love it, but I liked it. I have to admit I am a sucker for an action packed teen novel. Here is Taylor finishing the third book with Maddie.
The last few weeks I have also been watching Amy's friend Alyssa's kids twice a week. They love Maddie and dressed her up as a pirate this week.
Taylor likes dressing Maddie up as well. Maddie has little bloomers that go under her dress and this is where Taylor decided to put them.
We also went to visit Grandma Dee at her cute new place and she gave Maddie this cute outfit. She is lucky to be so spoiled by all the people who love her.
We have been having lots of fun in water too. Springville has a really fun splash pad and we went there yesterday (but I didn't take pictures). Then today we went to Salem Pond with Taylor's sister and her kids. It is a super nice park. If any of my siblings want to visit Utah is is a must-see. It has a great park and a little beach that leads down to the pond. We also went to this great old-fashioned ice cream shoppe nearby afterwards to share some fries and it was sooo yummy. Maddie looked so cute sitting at the table and then she started making bubbles. She has been doing this a lot lately.













No comments:
Post a Comment