First, Maddie has been crawling on hands and knees for a while now. I just took a video of it because I wanted to share:
Maddie loves reading. I recently found a bunch of the most amazing pop up books ever at the thrift store and I had a 30% off coupon so they all cost about 60cents each. It was the most exciting this ever. She loves sitting on my lap and reading books. There is one book that she just wants to read over and over and over. She starts bouncing as soon as it is over as if to say, "Again! Again!" and if I put it down she cries.
She has also been clapping:
A funny story I just thought of because she is in a disposable diaper in this picture: We have been using cloth diapers since 2 months or so and I think we have maybe had one blowout in the 7 months since. They work great. However, we put her in disposable diapers at night and sometimes for her afternoon nap. Well one day she woke up from her nap and her diaper was still super dry so I left her in it and started reading books to her. She was sitting on my lap and I could tell she was pooping because of the sounds she was making, but I waited for her to be done. When I hadn't heard sounds in a while I picked her up to change her and realized that I had poop on my pants and there was also a clump on the floor that had come out the side of the diaper! I couldn't believe it and it made me grateful for my cloth diapers.
Maddie also has two little teeth on the bottom! It's crazy how painful a bite can been even with just those two tiny teeth.
As for me, the only new thing is that a few months ago I started in our Sage Creek faculty Chime choir. There is a 6th grade teacher who plays with the bells on temple square and she has been teaching students chimes for years, but recently some faculty has shown interest and so she started a chime choir for us. I think it is super fun. I also went and saw bells on Temple Square with a friend. Here is a picture of Maddie helping me practice.
I discovered the "time lapse" feature on my cool phone, so I decided to try it while I was giving Maddie her nightly bath. I thought it actually gave a good depiction of life as a mommy :)
Lastly, here are some photos as of late: cool weather walks, Halloween with the other 4th grade teachers, and more baths.

No comments:
Post a Comment