We arrived on Monday evening and went to see the Christmas lights at the San Diego temple.
They were beautiful as you can tell. The church always does a great job inspiring "wonder and awe" at Christmas time. I hope others who come to the temple at these times can use the lights to be reminded of the light Christ brought to the earth when he came.
We also took a tour at the Mormon Battalion site and watched a Christmas Concert by the missionaries.
Tuesday, we got to go INTO the San Diego temple as Camden received her endowments prior to getting married :) It was a lovely session and the San Diego temple is just as awe inspiring on the inside as on the out.
We also celebrated Jimmy's 68th birthday! He makes 68 look so young.
Wednesday was Christmas eve and we celebrated by enjoying perfect 75 degree sunny weather at the San Diego Zoo. My favorite part was all the different monkeys. I love watching them climb and swing. They have a bus tour and a skyride too.
We also opened presents Christmas eve. It was fun to still have some of the fun traditions of the past like getting a new set of jammies from Jim.
Christmas morning we woke up very early to get ready for a Christmas devotional on MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) Lots of missionaries came to help make the musical numbers special.
Then of course we had our traditional Christmas morning waffles and lots of calls and Facetime with family.
We also took a stroll on the beach so Taylor could say he jumped in the ocean on Christmas. It was freezing cold!! I can't believe he did it and I'm glad I didn't!
Friday the girls went out shopping for a wedding dress for Camden!! I took some pictures on my phone but I won't post them here so it doesn't ruin the surprise for anyone. But of course the perfect dress was found!! It is beautiful and looks perfect on Cam.
We also wandered around some of the other military bases and all the PXs.
The boys went to the Air and Space museum while us girls were shopping.
Saturday, Cam and Eric left early for their trip back to Texas. Sunday we had to get up super early again because Mom and Jim have to be there early to set up for the recruits. Church was interesting because it is definitely adapted for the situation. There are lots of recruits who are members and some who are not. Taylor and I got to see a baptism! You can tell the guys are humbled by their experience.
Now, Monday, Taylor and I are enjoying some time at the Navy Lodge on the beach!! This pregnant lady got some quality sleep on a comfy bed with lots of pillows, we got to see the sunset over the ocean and enjoy hearing the ocean waves through our window.







No comments:
Post a Comment