Monday, June 8, 2015

Updates

Grandpa Riggs just left from his visit for Maddie's baby blessing.  He took lots of family photos for us, but I will have to post a couple later because I know he likes to take his time and make sure to pick the best ones and spruce them up.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!  

First, school is finally out for summer!! YAY. The last few weeks were fun and also kind of chaotic because plans and schedules start to go out the window for the last week or so because of all the end of year activities.  Here is a picture of some 4th graders performing the "Texas Star" square dance as part of our school dance festival.  Taylor showed up for the afternoon performance and got there in time to video the "faculty dance" to the song, "Locomotion."  Luckily, it's on his phone and I don't feel obligated to post it. :)  I am teaching Chinese summer school, but it is only once a week, so it's not a big stressor and it's fun to see the kids and have a little summer job.


Next, a few updates on our cutie.  She stands up for a longer period of time now (with support from the sides of course), talks lots, follows objects and sounds with her eyes, does lots of social smiles, and has finally started giggling.  I just barely heard her first REAL laughter a couple minutes ago.  I was tickling her, so I don't have any video evidence, but hopefully I will get some later. She also can grab things now and is showing signs of becoming a thumb-sucker...wonder where she could've inherited that from?



 Taylor and I still go to the thrift store whenever we can and try to find some gems of baby clothes.  We've been looking for a stroller every time but the only ones we ever see at the thrift store are very worn out and are huge-wheeled jogging strollers that I don't think we'd have room for in our house or car.  We call Maddie a teletubbie when she is in this snuggly thrift store find.





No comments:

Post a Comment